Frugal Tips for Surviving a Layoff
We are using frugal tips to survive a layoff and you can too.
On December 3rd my husband had the misfortune of being laid off during a company restructure. This isn’t the first time and it has given me the opportunity to find and share some frugal tips for surviving a layoff.
A place to start:
- Cut the cable – we actually haven’t had this in years and we don’t miss it.
- Switch your high speed internet to dial up
- Get rid of your land line phone service
- Get rid of your “smart” phones and use plain ‘ol cell phones
- Keep your thermostat under control (not too warm in the winter or too cool in the summer)
- Stop getting coffee on the run and brew it at home