How to play Hopscotch
Maximum None but you’ll have to wait longer in big groups
You’ll need a hard surface, like a sidewalk, and chalk to draw your playing area. You’ll need 10 squares of combined single and double squares that are big enough for a foot. Each player will need a marker (rock, coin or something else that won’t easily blow away).
Be the first one to finish the course for each numbered square without stepping on any lines.
How to Play
- First play tosses their marker into the first square. It has to land in the first square without bouncing out or touching a line.
- The play then hops through the entire course, but making sure to skip the square with the marker.
- Single squares are hopped with one foot, doubles with both feet (one foot in each square).
- Once the player reaches the end, they reverse and return to the beginning; stopping to pick up their marker.
- Player is out if they step on a line, lose their balance or their marker doesn’t make the square.
- Now it is the next player’s turn
- Each round the player starts where they left off.