What to stock up on in June for big savings all month long. June is a great month of many grocery store savings, but so much more than that. Now is a great time to make your list, check your budget and go shopping! Remember, it isn’t just food items on sale this month; so check out the whole list.
Be sure to check out all the what to stock up on sales by month:
- January Sales
- Stocking Up in February
- What to Buy in March
- April Guide to Stocking Up
- Stocking Up in May
- November Guide to Sale Cycles
- Everything to Buy in December for Best Deals
What to Stock Up on in June
One of the best ways to save money every month is not to shop a list of ingredients but to shop by sales; then shop your pantry, fridge and freezer. June has some great food items! Remember that most stores use sale cycles so you can shop multiple stores for the same types of items. I will do this if I cannot find items I want at my regular store/s; but it is also helpful if the store has any limits on the number of items you can buy in the sale.
You’ll notice that monthly stock up lists and sales have a theme around the season and holiday in that month!
Stocking Up in June Tips
- Don’t buy what you don’t already use.
- Make sure you have space for your new items. This is a great time to do a pantry clean-up.
- Always check the expiration dates before you buy food items.
- Organize your pantry by earliest to latest expiration dates.
- If you have to put it on a credit card to get it, DO NOT BUY IT.
See How to Get Debt Free!
- Check coupons you have for additional savings.
Seasonal Produce on Sale in June
June is National Fruit and Vegetable Month! So many local farms and manufactures will have sales. Seasonal produce to buy in June:
Be sure to see my Infused Water Recipes
- Corn – try going corn in your backyard
- Green Beans
- Potatoes – How to Store Potatoes
- Onions (Red and Vidalia)
- Summer Squash – How to Grow Summer Squash
- Tomatoes – Growing Tomatoes at Home
June 10th is National Ice Tea Day!
Did you know that June 10th is National Ice Tea Day? I’m ready to celebrate! Look for all teas from bags, loose, and powdered mixes to be on sale!
June – Frozen Aisle Sales
Summer officially starts in June so you’ll see many frozen treats on sale this month. Look for deals on :
- Ice Cream
- Frozen Yogurt
June is National Dairy Month
June is also National Dairy Month! This is a great time to stock up on dairy products. You’ll find most dairy items on sale all through the month, including eggs if you don’t have your own backyard chickens.
Remember you can freeze dairy items!
Freezing Guide for Dairy
- Butter – Butter can be frozen for up to a year if it is salted. I prefer to freeze it using Food Saver.
- Cheese – Cheese can be frozen for up to 3 months. See tips here!
- Cream Cheese – You can freeze cream cheese but the texture will change after thawing. It is best to use previously frozen cream cheese for recipes vs on your bagels.
- Eggs – You cannot freeze whole eggs but you can freeze them in many ways. Check out How to Freeze Eggs.
- Milk (up to 2 months) – Freeze milk in its original plastic container or glass freezer-safe container. You must allow room for the milk to expand so you’ll need to open and empty a bit. Thaw out in the fridge when ready to use it, never on the counter.
June is National Migraine and Headache Awareness Month
Because of National Migraine and Headache Awareness month you’ll find deep discounts on pain relievers.
First Aid Items
June is a BIG camping month and you’ll find first aid items on sale like:
- Gauze Pads
- Rubbing alcohol and peroxide
- Antibiotic ointments
- First aid kits
Gym Memberships and Workout Clothing
Ready to get in shape this summer? You’re in luck! Many gyms will be offering deep discounts on memberships (best since January) and stores will markdown workout clothes too.
Gift for Dads on Sale in June
Father’s Day is Sunday June 16th and the stores mark down some great items for dad. BUT don’t be swayed by sales on grills and lawnmowers – June isn’t the best time to buy those.
- Sporting Goods
June Sales for 4th of July
As the month winds down you’ll begin to see great deals on items for your 4th of July BBQ. Stock up on these:
- BBQ Sauce
- Hamburger and Hot Dog Buns
- Hot Dogs
- Chips and Dips
Other Items on Sale in June
- Dishes and Cookware, thank you wedding season
- Women’s Lingerie
- Great movie theater deals
- Air Conditioners and a/c services
- Cruises and Travel
- Out of season clothing (winter and spring)
What are you favorite items to stock up on in June? What tips would you give a new sales shopper?