How to Play Red Rover
Maximum – You just need an even number so you can break into 2 teams
Be the team with the most players by keeping your team chain strong and now allowing others to pass through. Just remember not to squeeze each other’s hands too hard and hurt someone!
How to Play
- Divide the players into 2 even teams.
- Have the teams on opposite sides of a field about 20 feet apart.
- The team going first agrees on who they want to call over and will sing, “Red Rover, Red Rover send (player’s name) on over.” They will form a chain by holding hands and wait for the runner.
- The person called will run from their side and try to break the chain.
- If they don’t break through then they become part of the calling team.
- However if the chain is broken the runner can take a player of his/her choice to the other team.
- Now it is the opposing team’s turn.
- Play volleys back and forth until only one play remains on a team.