How to play Kick the Can
Maximum None (large groups can have more than one tagger)
You’ll also need a empty can for kicking – soda or soup work great but you can use a large coffee can too. Just make sure it is empty; it hurts to kick full cans!
Be the last hider, still not found, and you win!
How to Play
This game works better in large areas with places to hide.
- Pick your tagger/s
- Choose an area for the “jail”
- Put your can in the middle of the playing area
- Tagger counts while the others hide
- Once the counting is over the tagger/s will begin searching for the hiders
- If a hider is seen the tagger will call out their name and the hider must “kick the can” before being tagged. If they make it to the can before being tagged they get to hide again (everyone else stays put). If they are tagged they must go to jail.
- If a hider kicks the can after others are in jail, everyone gets out when the can is kicked; and hiding starts again.
- The can should be placed back in the center by the tagger and then the tagger counts again for the hider/s.
- When only one player remains hidden and all others are in jail – that hider is the winner!