My All American Sun Oven arrived on the 26th, but I didn’t get to take it out until yesterday. I am so excited to try different recipes out – finally this outrageous Phoenix summer sun will work in my favor!
Opening up the box took longer than setting up the oven. My husband put my potting table in the middle of the garden and BOOM the oven was ready to go. After following the directions to put a pot of vinegar in the oven I decided to bake some Paleo bread in it.
After cleaning I mixed up the bread batter and set it in the oven.
First thing I need to share – treat this like and oven, because it is HOT inside. Ok now let’s talk about features.
- I love the indicator on the front of the stove that shows if the oven is in the prime position for sun exposure.
- The temperature gauge on the front gave me assurance the temp was correct (325 degrees) for baking the bread.
- The leveling rack was great. It kept the bread level even when I turned it and made adjustments.
- AND this baby can bake! The bread turned out great and my house didn’t get heated up. I did adjust it more than I probably would in the prime hours (10 am – 2 pm) but it worked great sticking it in at 3:00 pm.
- No mess – after I removed the bread we put the oven under the porch to cool off. Later we folded it up and brought inside to store in the pantry.
The bread turned out great. When you try it, I would suggest checking the focus cube about every 30 minutes to make sure you have the oven in the optimum position. AND don’t forget your hot pads when you’re taking your bread out…it is an oven.
I have lots of other recipes I want to try out in the All American Sun Oven, so stay tuned!