An amazing backyard vegetable garden may be easier than you think! No matter the space you have available, you can be growing your own food and supplement (or replacing) your produce shopping. Whether you have a few pots on an apartment porch or a 1/4 acres available, it is time to grow a backyard vegetable garden.
So whether you’re hoping to be completely self-sufficient or just grow your own tomatoes, I have tips you can use today!
How to Have an Amazing Backyard Vegetable Garden
Soil – The Foundation of an Amazing Backyard Vegetable Garden
Soil really is the foundation of a great garden. If you are not sure where to start, that’s ok, I have you covered. You can make your own compost, amend the soil you have or even create awesome potting soil.
- DIY Soil Mix – great for pots, raised beds and containers
- Awesome Soil Amendments – What you can add to your organic garden for a superior soil.
- How to Compost 101 – listen to this podcast from a master composter.
- How to Use Orange Peels for a Better Garden – Don’t toss those orange peels!
- Recycling Coffee Grounds in the Garden – You don’t need to toss those used grounds.
- Kitchen Composting – Tips for your counter top compost.
- Troubleshooting Your Compost Problems – Figure out what’s causing the problem and how to fix it.
- 10 Things You NEVER Want to Compost – A good list to follow.
- How to Use Rabbit Poop as Fertilizer – let me give you the scoop and poop.
- Improve Soil Without a Compost Pile – No room to compost? Check out these tips for improving your soil without a compost pile.
- Cheap & Easy DIY Compost Bin – Make it yourself for a fraction of the store bought one.