Now if you follow my Facebook page then you know I love coffee; I really love it. But I also enjoy a good mug of tea too. My favorite is cup of chai tea latte – which is why I am writing today. This all natural chai tea latte mix makes it quick and easy to have a mug anytime you want.
What is Chai Tea
Legend has it that the origin of chai dates back more than 5,000 years, when a king in what is now India ordered a healing spiced beverage be created for use in Ayurveda, a traditional medicinal practice in which herbs and spices are used for healing. Traditional ingredients of a spiced tea blend usually include black tea mixed with strong spices, like cinnamon, cardamom, cloves, ginger and black peppercorns. The spiced tea mixture is typically brewed strong with milk and sweetened with sugar or honey. (Source – Teatulia).
This Chai Tea Latte Mix is a yummy instant version of this delicious traditional tea (instant but not junk). Be sure to make some extra because this is a great DIY gift for friends and family.
Chai Tea Latte Mix Easy to Make and All Natural
- 4 oz of Organic Black Tea Powder ( I recommend this one )
- 1 teaspoon of ground cinnamon
- 3/4 teaspoon of ground cloves
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cardamon
- 1/2 teaspoon of nutmeg
- 1/2 a teaspoon of black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon of star anise
Chai Tea Latte Mix Directions
- Combine the organic black tea powder and spices. You can do this by hand but you’ll get better results using your food processor to thoroughly mix everything and creating a fine powder consistency.
- Store your chai tea latte mix in an air tight container in a cool, dry, area.
How to Serve Your Chai Tea Latte Mix
- Heat a milk source of your choosing (milk, almond milk, coconut milk, etc).
- Add 1/2 – 3/4 teaspoon of the dry mix to the mug and stir until full incorporated.
- Sweeten with your choice of sweeteners. I like liquid stevia but you can use sugar, honey or agave if you prefer those.
- If you prefer an iced chai you can skip heating your milk and once mixed and sweetened you’ll pour it over ice.
- Switch it up a bit and add a little vanilla to your mug!
I usually double this recipe but I recommend you try it first because you may find you need to adjust the spices up or down to fit your tastebuds.
This little mix is great on the run too or to take camping.
Check out my other tea recipes: