Stock up in January – the list you need for big savings! Sales after Christmas are fantastic and it is a great time to fill your pantry and save on household items you use during the year. January is a great time to evaluate our food storage, toiletries and stored items; and get them all organized. Then we’ll know exactly what we need to stock up in January during the sales.
Stock Up In January List
Remember if you find free or deeply discounted items that you don’t use, consider donating them!
But never bring home and store something just because it is free or cheap.
Remember My Stocking Up Tips for January
- Stores run sales in cycles and often they will post lost-leaders (losing money on an item) to get you into the store in hopes that you’ll buy more.
- Make sure you need it! See above about donating vs storing an item you never really use or need.
- Do you have space for more stock-ups? Organize, evaluate and list before shopping.
- Don’t be tempted by a good sale – know what you need!
- Check expiration dates first! Are you going to use these food items by or before the expiration date? Organize your pantry by earliest to latest expiration dates.
- When it comes to non-food items, the best ones have multiple purposes!
- Don’t spend it all in one place – plan to shop several stores and sales for the best deals.
- Don’t forget online shopping – free shipping is often available and saves you gas and time.
- Don’t blow your monthly budget! No sale is worth not being able to pay your regular bills!
- Consider purchasing an inexpensive Food Saver to increase your storage time and put things is smaller increments; great for big bulk buying and work for pantry, refrigerator and freezer.
- Check store coupons – many stores will accept competitor prices and coupons!
- DO NOT ACQUIRE DEBT! No using credit cards to get these items; you really aren’t saving yourself any money in the long run.
Stock Up in January Food Items
Retailers know that new year resolutions are in full swing so anything “diet” and “health” will be on sale.
- Seasonal produce like oranges, tangerines, grapefruit, chard, carrots, kale and more.
- Frozen meals for diets.
- Frozen pizzas (I guess they think you’re burnt out on cooking)
- Cereals, Oatmeal, Grains
- Most processed breakfast foods (bars, frozen, etc)
- Snack foods (again especially “healthy” labels)
- Chips, Dips and Soda
Stock Up in January Health Items
It is that time of the year and stores know we’ll be fighting colds as well as looking to get healthier. It is always good to have these items on hand.
- Vitamins (my Sprouts store is having a HUGE sales on supplements)
- Cold & Flu Medications
- Nose / Facial Tissue
- Cough Drops
Stock Up in January Clothing & Household
- Winter clothing – sweaters, gloves, jackets, scarves and more will be deeply discounted.
- Electronics – if you’re shopping for a new tv, tablet or computer, this could be the month to splurge.
- Seasonal Items leftover from Thanksgiving and Christmas will be at rock bottom prices if you can find them (cards, decor, wrapping paper, etc)
Stock Up in January Gifts
If you keep a gift closet then you may want to look for a few items to stock up in January and replenish your gifts. Remember Valentines Day, Mother’s Day and Father’s Day will be here soon!
- Small toys
- Stocking stuffer items
- Perfume and cologne sets
- Gift sets of all kinds!
Saving Money Articles You Might Like
- How to Improve Your Finances This Year
- Frugal Food & Grocery Tips to Save You Money
- Stock Up in December List
- Stock Up in November List
I truly hope this list helps you to stock up in January for amazing savings!