Using colloidal silver could be a change in the way you handle many of your at-home health concerns. I hope when I’m done sharing all its amazing uses that you’ll be adding Colloidal Silver to your medicine cabinet.
Colloidal silver is a health product that is made of microscopic silver particles that are suspended in liquid. It can be used both internally and externally. Colloidal silver is antibiotic, antifungal and antiviral; in fact for many years silver was the main antibiotic used before penicillin became available. It is powerful stuff!
Using Colloidal Silver
- It is silver – the particles are broken down and suspended in liquid, usually purified water.
- It is both a preventative measure and a treatment.
- When I had MRSA they used silver strips to help heal a large wound that wasn’t closing. This is a common practice in wound care and hospitals are using silver in many ways to fight bacteria from spreading.
- Silver has been used throughout history in healing, preservation and more. (source)
Using Colloidal Silver – Topically
Using colloidal silver topically can kill bacteria and protect wounds and burns from infection.
- Minor cuts, scrapes and abrasions
- Minor burns
- Insect bites
- Skin infections
- Eye infections – works wonders on styes and pink eye
Please know that while colloidal silver is wonderful for minor topical issues it should not replace doctors for injuries and anything that could be potentially life-threatening. Please use sound judgement.
Using Colloidal Silver – Internally
- Take regularly to support and boost your immune system
- Fight colds, viruses and even the flu.
- Can aid in battling infections
- Ear aches / infections
- Fights MRSA (source)
To be balanced it is important to share the flip side of this. Some, even in the natural health community, do not think taking colloidal sliver internally is a good idea. You can read The Healthy Home Economist’s article on that subject for more information.
Using Colloidal Silver – Dental
I haven’t had the need to use colloidal silver in this manner but thought it important to include it. There is some exciting research on this topic. Check out this article by the Silver Edge for starters.
- Reverse / Prevent Gum Disease
- Reverse tooth infection
- Reverse gum infection
We use Sovereign Silver exclusively – I haven’t found anything that compares to it. However I do know that many are even making their own colloidal silver with great success. Check out the Survival Mom’s article on this subject – even has directions!
Reader Question: What about Argyria? AKA turning blue from consumption of silver…
From the research I’ve done, it is very rare and almost extinct since the 70s. There have been some more modern cases but it is usually because of serious abuse. Like anything it should be used in moderation, right? Or because people are making their own without taking the right precautions. Check out Colloidal Silver Myths for more information and proceed with caution.
Colloidal Silver really should be part of your medicine cabinet and using colloidal silver should become part of your regular home health care. I am not a doctor or a health care practitioner. I can only share my own personal experiences and research. But it is important to do your own research!