I don’t write a lot of super personal things on Imperfectly Happy. It isn’t that I don’t want you to know, but I figure there are more interesting things to talk about. lol But as we wrap up 2015 and I’m 2 and half years into this blog I thought you might want to know a bit more about me. So I put together this list of random things/facts about me. So let’s start with a freebie fact…the picture on the left is the character I’ve used for the blog from the start. She is the creation of my niece, a gifted artist. She some of my features (before I cut all my hair off) with aspects I wanted in to create her. The one on the right is me…earlier this year.
Alright…let’s get this party started.
20 Things About Me
- I am 43…but I’ll be 44 in March. I own my age and I don’t try to hide it. I’ve been happier in my 40s then any other age!
- I’ve been married 20 years to my husband Troy.
- We have 4 kids – 2 Troy brought with him (I adopted them), 1 biological child together and our baby girl was adopted when we were foster parents (she’s been with us since she was a day old). I am a Cammy (grammy). Our oldest daughter has a little girl that is 2 and she’s precious.
- I am a complete goofball 99% of the time – I love to make people laugh.
- I am a natural redhead…ok I was strawberry blonde when I was a toddler. I enhance it now. 😉
- I found my first gray hair this year. I didn’t handle it well.
- I am the oldest of 2 and my brother is 7 years younger than me (I still call him my baby brother).
- I once had purple hair in my teens.
- I have 6 tattoos – I got my first one when I was 16 and the last one when I was 40.
- I am a Christian – I got saved when I was 13; 9 days before my mother died. I am also Jewish – my mother’s side of my family is Jewish and I celebrate many of the holidays along with Christian holidays.
- I make lists all the time.
- I was born in Arizona and live here now. But I have lived in 6 other states in the last 25 years – the longest was Texas for 9 years.
- I rarely wear make-up but I love my lip balm.
- I was raised, primarily, by my Grandmother who I called Cammy. My other grandmother was a huge influence on my life as well.
- I am fiercely protective of my kids and have been referred to as a crazy mama bear more than once.
- I have an unhealthy love of popcorn…it makes my stomach hurt but I still eat it (not Paleo at all).
- I have a bachelor’s degree in marketing that I received when I was 39.
- My favorite shoes are my Croc flip flops and my Converse low tops.
- I love all things historical – most of the books, movies or tv I enjoy takes place in the past.
- I’m 5’10 and I have size 11 feet.
Well there are 20 things about me…what do you think? Want to know more, ask away in the comments!