This is the best organic lip balm recipe I’ve ever made. This is an easy peasy organic lip balm recipe to make with ingredients you can pronounce. No ick here! You’ll find it less expensive than the store-bought equivalent too. The ingredients for my best organic lip balm recipe are linked for you. You’re going to love that this easy lip balm has only 4 ingredients!
This time I am making Lavender Peppermint Lip Balm. This is my favorite, but feel free to experiment scents you like best.
Best Organic Lip Balm Recipe – Ingredients
- 1 oz of Organic Beeswax (I used this)
- 2 oz of Unrefined Organic Shea Butter (I used this)
- 1 oz of Extra Virgin Organic Coconut Oil (I used this)
- 10 Drops of Lavender Essential Oils (Get that here)
- 10 Drops of Peppermint Essential Oil (Get that here)
- Containers (I used 10 of these)
- Double Boiler or glass bowl & pot
- Glass dropper (I cleaned out one from my liquid vitamins) or something to fill the containers
Best Organic Lip Balm Recipe – Directions
- Measure out beeswax, shea butter and coconut oil, by weight, into double boiler or glass bowl
- Melt the beeswax, shea butter and coconut oil over medium heat – DO NOT BOIL
- Once melted, remove from heat and quickly add your essential oils
- Give it a gentle but quick stir
- Pour slowly into your containers
- You can let them cool on the counter or put them in the fridge until completely cooled and hardened
- Put on your top
- Label if you desire
BONUS – You can make lotion bars with this same recipe!
Using the same measurements you can make 2 Altoid tin lotion bars. Be careful to only fill to just below the hinge or you’ll make a mess.
Best Organic Lip Balm Recipe – Other Scents
Now that you have made these you can test out all kinds of scents.
- Orange or Orange & Peppermint
- Plain lavender
- Ginger & Cinnamon, think Spice Chai (fun fall scent)
- Switch the shea butter for cocoa butter with peppermint for a chocolate peppermint lip balm
Best Organic Lip Balm Recipe – Add some color
Want to add a hint of color to your organic lip balm? Try these powders – just remember a little goes a LONG way.
- Pink to Mauve, add Organic Beet Root Powder
- Deep Red to Purples, add Organic Alkanet Root Powder
- Brown Tones, add Organic Cacao Powder
If you like this recipe, be sure to check out my Honey Whipped Hand Cream recipe!