Crazy Chicken Lady – Are You One of Us?
Crazy chicken lady? Who me? Ok, yeah, I can’t deny it. I am a crazy chicken lady. I have been keeping a backyard chicken flock for several years now. I can’t imagine going out to my garden and not seeing my lovely ladies or hearing their egg song each day. Not to mention I love those beautifully delicious eggs from my girls.
So are you a crazy chicken lady? Not sure? Oh, well let me help you!
10 Signs That You Are a Crazy Chicken Lady
- You talk to your chickens.
Now I’m not talking about greeting them hello; I mean you have conversations where they answer. If you’re head is cocked to the side right now because you have no idea what I’m talking about; you can stop reading…you are NOT a crazy chicken lady.
- You prepare meals with the chickens in mind.
As you make a meal you think about what scraps your chickens will delight in later or the next day. You often have a bag of “goodies” in the fridge with tasty treats for your flock.
- You have worn your yellow chicken sloggers to the grocery store.
Yeah, high fashion here my friends, high fashion.
- You’re family has banned you from going to Tractor Supply or Shoppers or any other place that sells chicks.
Not only are they afraid you’ll buy more chickens….they don’t want to be with you as you talk baby talk to the chicks. What happened to that hardcore homesteader?
- Each one of the chickens has a name, and you call them by it.
Do each of your hens and roos have a name? Yep, you’ve got the crazy; me too. And each of the named birds seems to develop a personality that matches that name to a tee! Right?
- Your non-chicken friends have asked you to stop talking about chickens.
I know that look now…eyes glazed over as I tell chicken stories. My kids get especially embarrassed if I tell the stories with my chicken voices. Wait, that might be a sign too – my girls often have southern voices.
- You dream about designing the perfect coop instead of vacations, clothes, fancy purses, etc.
Yep, I have been know to sketch out models of future coop plans for my ladies. I want them to have the prettiest coop in town folks!
- You own more than 1 chicken shirt.
Maybe you own 3, 5 or 10… Maybe you’ve worn them to church or on a date with your spouse. No judging here.
Join me! Click here to see some fun chicken shirts for the crazy chicken lady in all of us! 😉
- You subscribe to chicken blogs…several chicken blogs.
I don’t have to name them here if you’re a crazy chicken lady…you already know the ones.
- You have chicken “items” all over the house; and people feed your habit.
You have mugs, plates, rugs, decorations, jewelry and more with chickens on it. Your friends and family feed your addition by gifting you things with chickens on it. I personally get chicken items for my birthday and Christmas; but sometimes people just give me little chicken things for no reason at all. A few months ago a friend at church gave me a chicken light switch because she saw it and thought of me…
So there you have it, 10 signs that you are a crazy chicken lady. I am crazy about chickens so I don’t mind the title! How many fit you?