A simple DIY Mini First Aid Kit is easy and inexpensive to assemble. I was able to gather everything you see here from my local Dollar Tree and what I already had in my home. I wanted my DIY mini first aid kit to be small enough to slip into a purse, backpack, brief case or a diaper bag.
DIY Mini First Aid Kit
For this mini first aid kit I used a soft sided eye glass case that I found at Dollar Tree. I liked the size and it was expandable enough to get a lot in there without being bulky. You could use a pencil bag for even more room, even a quality sandwich zipper bag could work in a pinch.
This is not meant to be a survival kit and certainly not an all-encompassing first aid kit. This is your little go-to when you’re on the run, at the park, work, in a drive thru…you get the idea.
Gather Your Supplies
- 6 standard sized band aids
- 2 large self-stick dressing bandages
- 6 individually wrapped alcohol prep pads
- 1 tube of antibiotic cream
- 1 tube of hydrocortisone cream
- 1 bottle of eye drops (just they dry eye formula for flushing the eye if needed and no water)
- 6 individually packaged pepto tabs
- 6 individually packaged Aleve 12 hour pain relief (if you have kids you may want to replace 1/2 of these with a children’s formula)
- 6 individually packaged antihistamine
- 1 pair of tweezers, not pictured
- 1 pair of disposable gloves
Assemble The DIY Mini First Aid Kit
- Fold the dressing bandages in half and put the band aids and alcohol wipes inside.
- On top of that add the tube of antibiotic and hydrocortisone cream.
- On the side I put the gloves, held by a pony tail rubber band.
- Zip up the case a bit sod you can slip in the tweezers and medicines.
- Now I zipped it up about 3/4 of the way and wiggled the eye drops in.
- Zip up and pair with a hand sanitizer.