Instant Pot shredded beef recipe for tacos, burritos or a copy cat Chipotle Bowl. This is one of those, “it can’t be that easy” recipes that you’re going to make over and over. We love Mexican food in our house and I am always playing with new recipes. This has become a family favorite that gets requested often; one of the few meals my kids like as leftovers too.
The Instant Pot makes it so fast and easy; make it in the morning before work and chores and it will be ready and warm in the evening. BUT even if you forget to set it and forget it in the morning you can still have an amazing meal (unlike a slow cooker) in a short time if you start late. And this recipe is basically pour, set and go.
Instant Pot Shredded Beef Recipe for Tacos
I’ve included a printable version at the bottom of this post so you can save it for later! I hope you love this recipe as much as we do.
Instant Pot Shredded Beef Recipe for Tacos – Ingredients
4 lbs chuck roast
Coconut Oil for Browning
1 Cup Beef Broth
1 Jar of Chunky Salsa
2 Small Cans of Diced Green Chilies
Handful Fresh Cilantro, chopped
3 – 4 Cloves of Garlic, minced
1 Small Onion, chopped
1 Tbl Dried Oregano
Salt & Pepper to Taste
Tortillas, Rice, Beans and “Fixings” for making amazing Tacos, Burritos and Bowls
Instant Pot Shredded Beef Recipe for Tacos – Directions
- Turn your Instant Pot pressure cooker to the Sauté setting and allow it to heat up
- While it is heating up salt and pepper one side of your chuck roast
- Once the Instant Pot display says hot, add your coconut oil to the pot
- Immediately put in the chuck roast, seasoned side down
- Salt and Pepper the other side of the roast while it is browning
- Brown both sides for about 5 minutes each (please don’t skip the browning step – it makes all the difference!)
- Pour the beef broth, chunky salsa, diced chilies over the beef
- Add the rest of the ingredients on top
- Close and lock your lid
- Close your vent
- Now set your Instant Pot to Meat/Stew and adjust the time to 65 minutes
- Once the cooking is completed allow for a natural release of about 20 minutes
(if you open the vent you risk the beef being tough)
- Careful removing your chuck roast – it will be falling apart
- Shred your meat for tacos or burritos
Now you can use this delicious shredded beef for tacos, burritos or bowls (like Chipotle). I serve with shredded cheese, lettuce, tomatoes, more chopped cilantro, salsa, sour cream and homemade guacamole. This is a great recipe to take to pot lucks too – but I never have any to bring home.