You may have read my initial post on this experiment on July 20th, but if not click here.
Well it has been 3 weeks since I started the compost experiment. To be honest I haven’t paid as much attention to it because of play production followed by bronchitis. It did rain some and I added a spritz of water here and there to keep it most.
Tonight I decided to give it a look. Note…I should have dumped this out on a tarp and not in the dirt; I blame the heat. 😉
First take a look at the bottom:
Then I took the shovel and broke it apart to see what was going on inside:
Rich compost brewing!
Lastly I scooped it back into the basket, lightly watering with each scoop.
I think another 10 days – 2 weeks and this will be ready to go!