One thing about eating a primal diet, and the thing that trips me up the most…missing bread. There the truth is out! I miss a slice of bread with my eggs and bacon in the morning; I’m only human!
I have tried a lot of recipes and this one is by far THE BEST and easiest I’ve made. I have found other breads either fall apart or they are so dense you need to drink a cup of water with each bite or choke!
To top it off this recipe is super easy – mix, pour, bake and eat.
16 oz. jar of creamy almond butter
2 tsp baking power
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 c pure maple syrup (not pancake syrup)
1/2 c warm water
Coconut oil or butter to grease pans
- Preheat the oven to 325
- Grease 1 or 2 bread pans (I used 2 so my bread is about 1/2 the size of a normal loaf but cooks faster)
- Mix all ingredients together
- Pour batter into bread pans
- Bake about 1 hour for 1 pan or 30 – 40 minutes for batter split into 2 pans
- Let cool about 30 – 45 minutes before slicing
This bread toasts up great or you can make a yummy sandwich on it. If your main goal is a sandwich bread you’ll probably want to make the entire batter into one loaf.
*This recipe originated on the Fat Head Blog and I have changed it just a bit for my tastes.