Fall always brings out all the lovely pumpkin flavored yumminess! But most of it really isn’t grain-free/Paleo/Primal friendly. So I looked the Fat Head recipe for grain-free bread and made some tweaks.
Final result? Pumpkin Heaven! They are super moist and every bite was Fall pumpkin happiness. I’m not going to lie to you…I ate 3.
Pumpkin Pie Muffins
16 oz jar of creamy almond butter
1 cup of organic pumpkin puree (I used Trader Joe’s)
2/3 cup pure maple syrup (not pancake syrup)
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
2 Tablespoons of pumpkin pie spice
- Pre-heat your oven to 350 degrees
- Line 24 muffin cups or grease well with your choice of oil. I prefer the paper cups to prevent sticking.
- Mix all ingredients well. Make sure to scrape the bottom of the bowl a few times to get all the almond butter.
- Fill each cup about 3/4 of the way full
- Bake 15 minutes and check. Mine needed another 2 minutes.
Enjoy plain or with a little pat of Kerrygold butter. 😉