Homemade Gifts – For Christmas or Anytime!
I love homemade gifts! There is nothing quite like giving or receiving a gift that someone took their time and talents to create. This year my family and friends will be receiving several gifts that I am making in my own kitchen. I’ve been canning Jalapeño Jelly, mixing up a special spice mix and later I’ll be making some Sweet & Spicy Maple Pecans.
Today I’ve been cooking up something special! I’m including a recipe that is sure to be a hit and be sure to check out the other links from my blogging friends for MORE homemade gift ideas! Today I am sharing my recipe for coffee liqueur that I’m calling Homesteader Hooch – super easy to make and fun to give! It is bottled in a canning jar but DOES NOT require canning; this is more for a look than anything else.
Homesteader Hooch (aka Kahlua or Coffee Liqueur)
- 2.5 cups of pure cane sugar
- 3 Tablespoons of instant coffee
- 1 Tablespoon of pure vanilla extract (no imitation)
- 4 cups of water, preferably filtered
- 2.5 cups of a good quality vodka
- Add water, sugar, and instant coffee to a pan
- Bring to a boil, stirring often
- Reduce to a low simmer for 1.5 hours (this will reduce by about half)
- After the 1.5 hour simmer allow the liquid to cool completely
- Once completely cooled add in vodka and vanilla
- Bottle (make sure you sterilize your bottles and lids)
- Label and decorate to your liking
- Enjoy a little glass of the leftovers over ice with cream. 😉
This recipe will make about 45 oz of coffee liqueur. Super easy to double or triple, as needed, for gifts.
Homemade Gifts from My Homesteading Friends
Moisturizing Sore Muscle Liniment
Nourishing Homemade Sugar Scrub
Easy Chocolate Avocado Truffles with a Kick!
Christmas in July – Laundry Soap
Making New Candles from the Old
Monogrammed Coffee Mug Tutorial