Today I bring you an easy Rice Krispies Cookie Recipe that you’re going to love. Imagine yourself baking tasty little treats for your friends and family that taste like a memory we all share!
I grew up on Rice Krispies treats and not the pre-made kind! I love them to this day (again, not the pre-made variety). This holiday cookie recipe takes all the awesome yummy of a Rice Krispies treat and adds a hint of Christmas goodness for a PERFECT Rice Krispies Cookie Recipe you must try this year.
Rice Krispies Cookie Recipe
This Rice Krispies cookie recipe is perfect for your holiday gatherings, cookie exchanges (oh yeah, you can print it out), Christmas treat trays for your friends or neighbors…even the Big Guy’s cookie plate (Santa loves these Rice Krispies cookies).
There is something about the Christmas season that calls us to the kitchen for baking. Or is that just me? Christmas treats are tasty, fun and festive additions to our holidays!
Other Christmas Recipes You’ll Love
- Vintage Christmas Cookies Recipes
- Classic Pecan Bar Recipe
- Vintage Pie Recipes
- Cast Iron Gingerbread Recipe
- Vintage Cake Recipes
- 35 Recipes for Leftover Christmas Ham
DIY Christmas Gifts & Ideas
Variations for the Rice Krispies Cookie Recipe
- Add a cup of red and green M&Ms
- Add chocolate chips
- Add in white chocolate chips
- Add in your favorite chopped nuts
- You can also use regular Rice Krispies if you can’t find the Holiday Colors or want to make them outside of Christmas time.
How do I host a cookie exchange?
So you’re thinking this recipe would be great for a cookie swap or cookie exchange? You’re right! Or maybe you want to host a cookie exchange, here are a few tips:
- Plan early because there are a lot of holiday parties this time of year!
- Make a guest list.
- Make a cute DIY printable invitation.
- Send your invites out 3 weeks in advance!
- Ask everyone to bring 2 – 3 dozen cookies. There should be enough for everyone to sample a cookie and take 2 or 3 home, so plan accordingly.
- Make sure then also bring a printed recipe for their cookies; enough for each guest to take one home. This can be on recipe cards or ask everyone to print on regular paper so they can be hole punched and put in a cute binder.
- Consider giving your guests a Christmas themed binder – you can often find them a the dollar stores.
- Tell your guest to bring something to carry home their treats.
- At the party allow time for everyone to get a plate of sample cookies and their treats to take home.
- Make sure to offer coffee, tea, cider to go with your delicious cookies.
Rice Krispies Cookie Recipe
Makes: 24 Cook Time: 10 Minutes
Rice Krispies Cookie Ingredients:
2 cups all purpose flour
½ teaspoon baking soda
½ teaspoon salt
1 stick melted butter
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup light brown sugar
½ cup granulated sugar
2 cups non-crushed Rice Krispies Holiday Cereal
Rice Krispies Cookie Instructions:
- Preheat oven to 325F.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking soda, and salt.
- Whisk until fully combined; to aerate.
- Melt butter completely in a microwave safe bowl.
- In a large bowl using an electric mixer, cream together the brown sugar, white sugar, and melted butter.
- Beat in the vanilla and eggs.
- Continue beating until batter is light and creamy.
- In increments, add in flour mixture, mixing after each addition.
- Add in the 2 cups of non-crushed Rice Krispies Holiday Cereal and mix well by hand.
- Place 1″ balls of dough on cookie sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes until edges are a light golden brown.
- Remove from sheet to cooling rack.
Holiday Rice Krispies Cookies Recipe for Christmas
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 stick melted butter
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups non-crushed Rice Krispies Holiday Cereal
Preheat oven to 325 F.
In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking soda, and salt.
Whisk until fully combined; to aerate.
Melt butter completely in a microwave safe bowl.
In a large bowl using an electric mixer, cream together the brown sugar, white sugar, and melted butter.
Beat in the vanilla and eggs.
Continue beating until batter is light and creamy.
In increments, add in flour mixture, mixing after each addition.
Add in the 2 cups of non-crushed Rice Krispies Holiday Cereal and mix well by hand.
Place 1″ balls of dough on cookie sheet lined with parchment paper.
Bake 8 to 10 minutes until edges are a light golden brown.
Remove from sheet to cooling rack.