Combine the decadent taste of chocolate with chopped pecans and graham crackers when preparing these delicious Magic Cookie Bars. They’re an adult-friendly, kid-approved snack!
This delicious and easy to make dessert has been a staple at many a holiday gathering.
What Are Magic Cookie Bars?
Magic Cookie Bars are a portable chocolate treat consisting of coconut, chocolate chip, pecans, and several other additional ingredients. They’re crunchy, sweet, and full of flavor, making them an excellent snack to have throughout the day. If you love chocolate, nuts, and coconut, you’re going to enjoy these homemade cookie bars!
Ingredients Needed for Magic Cookie Bars
- Melted Butter – Be sure to place the stick of butter in a microwave-safe container and heat it until melted.
- Sweetened Condensed Milk – This is what really adds the magic to these tasty dessert bars.
- Graham Cracker Crumbs – You can buy the crumbs already made or use a food processor to chop your graham crackers into crumbs.
- Flaked Coconut – Add a touch of coconut to your cookie bars with a bit of flaked or shredded coconut in the mix.
- Chocolate Chips – Grab a bag of semi-sweet chocolate chips to use when preparing these Magic Cookie Bars
You’ll also need cooking spray and chopped pecans. If you have whole pecans, place them in a bag, seal it, and then press down with a can to smash them into pieces before you use them in this recipe.
Equipment Need for This Recipe
- Prepared 13×9 baking dish
- Small Mixing Bowl
- Air-tight Container for storage
Reasons to Make the Magic Cookie Bars
- These cookie bars are so easy to prepare! It won’t take more than 10 minutes for you to assemble the ingredients.
- Once you’ve made the Magic Cookie Bars, you can enjoy them as a quick snack throughout the day!
- These sweet chocolate treats are perfect for sharing with loved ones or serving at different events.
Can I use a different flavor of chocolate chips?
You sure can. If you don’t want to use semi-sweet chocolate chips, you can use butterscotch chips, dark chocolate, milk chocolate, or even white chocolate chips in this recipe. You can even mix them up!
Use what you like to bring more flavor to these Magic Cookie Bars.
What if I don’t like pecans?
Pecans add a special crunch, contributing to both the flavor and texture of these cookie bars. However, if you don’t like them, you can replace them with peanuts, walnuts, or even cashews, depending on what types of nuts you do like.
How long do I bake the Magic Cookie Bars?
You’ll need to let the cookie bars bake in the oven for 25 minutes. Be sure to check them when they’re in the oven. When the edges start turning into a light brown color, it’s a good time to remove them.
Recipe Notes and Tips
- Make sure your Magic Cookie Bars cool completely before cutting into them. Don’t cut into them while they’re still hot!
- You can add some colorful sprinkles or even some marshmallows to the mixture if you’d like.
- After cutting the cookie bars, store them in an airtight container. You don’t need to keep them refrigerated. Instead, you can place them on the kitchen counter for easy access to them!
Enjoy the sweet taste of these Magic Cookie Bars that you can easily assemble and bake in less than an hour. They’re the perfect treat to have when craving something sweet with chocolate and nuts included.
More Christmas Recipes to Try
Eggnog Pancakes Recipe
Pecan Crusted Cheese Ball Recipe
French Toast Casserole Recipe
Rice Krispies Cookie Recipe
How To Cook A Prime Rib In An Electric Roaster
Magic Cookie Bars
- 1/2 cup Butter 1 stick
- 1 1/2 cups Graham Cracker Crumbs
- 1 can Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 1 cup Flaked Coconut Shredded can be substituted
- 2 1/2 cups Chocolate Chips Semi-sweet
- 1/2 cup Chopped Pecans Or nut of your choice
Preheat oven to 350degrees
Gather your ingredients.
Spray or butter sides of 13×9-inch baking pan.
In a small bowl, mix together your butter and graham crackers.
Spread evenly in your pan.
Drizzle the condensed milk over the crumbs.
Layer with chocolate chips, coconuts and then nuts.
Bake for 25 minutes or until the edges are light brown.
Cool completely before cutting. Store in an airtight container.
NOTE: any type of chips your family enjoys can be used instead of the chocolate ones.