Smelly shoe spray is an essential weapon in our house. Yes, I said weapon. There are some particularly stinky feet in our home after a long day’s work. They shall remain nameless, but let’s just say we can smell the shoes coming off behind closed doors! Cue the green toxic smoke and sounds of gagging!
So I began trying out a few home remedies for smelly shoes and most left a nasty white paste or goop in the shoes; and did very little for the smell. But I have finally found something that works. This simple all natural essential oil smelly shoe spray that I make myself! The best part is that is a lot less expensive, and works better, than anything store bought.
All Natural Essential Oil Smelly Shoe Spray
Whether it is your shoes or someone living in the house; a stinky shoe can ruin your day. If you’re bringing in some work boots or your gardening shoes…you probably know exactly what I mean. I have a a few pairs that even washing didn’t help. But this smelly shoe spray fixed them right up!
And all you’re going to need is 3 simple things.
Smelly Shoe Spray – Ingredients
1 Glass Spray Bottle ( I like these )
Witch Hazel ( Recommended ) or Distilled Water
Purify Blend of Essential Oils (Recommended )
Smelly Shoe Spray – Directions
- Add 30 – 40 drops of your purify essential oil blend to your glass spray bottle.
- Fill the remaining space in the bottle with witch hazel or the distilled water.
- Put the top back on and give it a good shake.
- Spray the inside of your shoes liberally with the smelly shoe spray mixture.
- NOTE this is NOT recommended to be sprayed directly on leather. Be very careful when using with leather shoes that you’re only spraying the foot pad.
- If you’re worried about your leather or shoes coming in contact with the spray then you can sue the spray on cotton balls and place those in your shoes instead of directly spraying.
Other Uses for Smelly Shoe Spray
- Gym Bags
- Sports gear
- Yoga mats
- Places in your car where there is a mystery smell….or maybe that’s just me.
The smelly shoe spray is a great, natural shoe (and other stuff) deodorizer. I know when I’m using it my family is not being exposed to harmful chemicals. I love that I can make some up anytime – trust me that bottle of Purify is going to last you a long time. I hope it works as well for you and yours as it has for us!
Love Essential Oils? Check Out These Posts As Well!
Do you use essential oils to replace chemicals in your home? I’d love to hear how you’re using them so leave me a comment below!