If you’ve read my blog for awhile you’ll know that I love the benefits of Bulletproof Coffee – but I have been enjoying my Bulletproof Chai lately.
Why go bulletproof?
First – super tasty! Well adding coconut oil like raw Skinny & Co coconut oil and a good grass-fed butter will not only boost the flavor of your chai it can boost your energy too! I find it gets me through that afternoon slump and keeps me from grazing in the kitchen. The tea I’m using from Trader Joe’s is caffeine free because I like the flavor and find the coconut oil gives me enough energy (well sometimes I use tea with caffeine).
Do you know that studies are showing that coconut oil can not only boost energy but also:
*Speed your metabolism
*Improve your memory, cognition and attention
*Help you maintain healthy blood sugar levels
Is it oily?
It shouldn’t be. The key is mixing in the oil and butter when the tea is still good and hot. I use my mini whisk to blend it up.
- A 10 – 12 oz mug of hot chai tea
- 1 Tablespoon of a quality organic coconut oil. I use Skinny & Co coconut oil
- 1 Tablespoon of butter from grass-fed cows. I use Kerrygold
- 1 dropper of liquid stevia (optional)
- Brew your tea, cover it to retain heat (I steep mine for at least 10 minutes to make sure the flavor is strong.)
- Add in coconut oil, butter and stevia
- Whip with whisk or spoon until fully blended
- Enjoy warm
***This coffee will not actual make you impervious to bullets!***
Bulletproof® is trademark/service marks of Better Baby LLC