Nothing says Fall like pumpkin; well for me Pumpkin Spice Creamer in my coffee! But I try to avoid “flavored” products. I mean have you seen what’s in your average grocery store creamer? It is filled with hydrogenated oils, and a ton of words I can’t pronounce. I don’t want to drink something I can’t even recognize as food. Or maybe you hit the big chain for a pumpkin spice coffee? I promise, this will be just as tasty… Who needs a $5 coffee in a paper cup?
DIY Pumpkin Spice Creamer
But fear not my friends. We can still enjoy our homemade pumpkin spice lattes, and practically guilt free! I offer you my DIY Pumpkin Spice Creamer recipe. 🙂 And, bonus…it is SUPER is to make, no cooking required. So let’s enjoy some pumpkin spice creamer!
- 2 cups organic or raw half and half (or your “milk” choice)
- 1/3 cup of organic pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie)
- 4 Tablespoons of pure maple syrup (not pancake syrup)
- 1 Tablespoon of vanilla extract (I like the bourbon one from Trader Joe’s)
- 2 teaspoons of pumpkin pie spice
- Grab your blender (I highly recommend this one)
- Put the pumpkin pie spice in first, trust me
- Add the remaining ingredients to the blender
- Blend, high, for 1 – 2 minutes
- Store in a glass jar, I use a mason jar
- Put it in the fridge
This should last around a week in the fridge as long as your milk source is within that date too. Before you add it to your coffee, give the jar a good shake.
You may need a little stevia or sugar if you like a sweeter. If you really want to get fancy, top with some homemade whipped cream and dust with cinnamon. Give the coffee chains a run for their money – for a fraction of the cost (and healthier to boot). BOOM!
If you LOVE pumpkin but not gluten, try my gluten and grain free Pumpkin Muffins!