Gluten Free Breakfast Cake…cake for breakfast? Ohhhhhh yeah! This Gluten Free Blueberry Breakfast Cake is scrumptious and perfect for Paleo followers too. If you’ve been missing a tasty sweet treat for your weekend breakfast, this should fit the bill! The best part is that this gluten free blueberry breakfast cake is easy and quick to put together. I suggest you make 2.
Gluten Free Blueberry Breakfast Cake
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- 4 medium eggs
- 2 tablespoons coconut milk or heavy cream if you’re ok with dairy
- 45 – 50 drops liquid stevia
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 cup coconut flour, sifted
- 1/4 teaspoon aluminum free baking powder
- 1 cup blueberries, rinsed and dried
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees
- Grease a glass pie dish
- Mix together melted coconut oil, eggs, milk of choice, stevia, vanilla and sea salt. In a separate bowl combine the sifted coconut flour with the aluminum free baking powder. Slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet and mix well. Make sure your batter is lump free!
- Gently fold in the blueberries
- Pour into greased pie dish
- Bake 15 – 20 minutes until toothpick comes out clean and top is golden brown.
Cut into 8 pieces, serve warm with a dollop of Kerrygold Butter. Try not to eat it all!!! I like to have this with a couple sausage links on the side. So filling, you may not need lunch!
If you aren’t already following a Paleo diet, it may be time to try it. Not only did I lose weight, I lowered my triglycerides and got my blood pressure under control. And then….I fell off the wagon and back into a traditional American diet. It didn’t take long for the problems to come back. So I am on the Paleo path again (with a little dairy) and feeling good. I highly recommend you read the book Practical Paleo to get you started.
Are you eating Paleo or Primal? How is it working for you?
Never miss a post ~ Sign up for the Imperfectly Happy Newsletter