Copycat Cracker Barrel Mac N Cheese is one of the most popular items on the menu. It’s creamy, cheesy, and comforting – perfect for a chilly winter day. But it can be expensive to order out, especially if you’re feeding a large crowd.
Luckily, you can make your own Cracker Barrel Copycat Mac and Cheese at home with an Instant Pot. This recipe is easy to follow and just as delicious as the original. Plus, it’s much more affordable than ordering from a restaurant. Give it a try!
Ingredients in Copycat Cracker Barrel Mac N Cheese
- Elbow macaroni – You’ll need about 8 ounces of elbow macaroni for this recipe. Any type of short pasta will work.
- Butter – The butter adds richness and flavor to the dish.
- Flour – Flour is used to thicken the sauce.
- Milk – Whole milk works best for this recipe, but you can use any type you have on hand.
- Salt – A little salt is needed to bring out the flavors of the cheese and pasta.
- Pepper – Freshly ground black pepper is best, but you can use pre-ground if that’s all you have.
- Shredded cheese – This recipe calls for shredded cheese, but you can use any type you like. Gouda, Swiss, and Gruyere would all be delicious.
Tips for Making Instant Pot Copycat Cracker Barrel Mac N Cheese
- Cook the pasta in the Instant Pot first. This will help to prevent it from overcooking when you add it to the sauce later.
- Make sure to whisk the sauce well before adding the shredded cheese. This will help to prevent clumps from forming.
- Use freshly grated cheese for the best flavor. Pre-shredded cheese can be more difficult to melt and often has an odd texture.
- If you want truly creamy mac and cheese, use a block of cream cheese in place of some of the shredded cheese. This will make the dish even richer!
FAQs for Copycat Cracker Barrel Mac N Cheese
Can I make this recipe ahead of time?
Yes, you can make the mac and cheese up to 24 hours in advance. Simply store it in the fridge and reheat it when you’re ready to eat.
Can I freeze leftovers?
Yes, this dish freezes well. Just place leftovers in a freezer-safe container and store for up to 3 months.
I don’t have an Instant Pot. Can I make this on the stove?
Yes, you can make this recipe on the stovetop. Just cook the pasta according to package directions, then proceed with the recipe as written. But an Instant Pot is a great investment for quick and easy cooking!
What can I serve with this dish?
This mac and cheese goes well with a variety of sides. Try serving it with roasted vegetables, a green salad, or some garlic bread.
More Instant Pot Recipes:
- Instant Pot Penne A La Vodka
- Instant Pot Cheeseburger Macaroni Recipe
- Instant Pot Teriyaki Chicken
- Instant Pot Cheeseburger Soup
- More Instant Pot Recipes!
Whether you’re looking for a delicious winter meal or a comfort food classic, this Instant Pot Copycat Cracker Barrel Mac N Cheese is sure to hit the spot. Give it a try today!
Instant Pot Copycat Cracker Barrel Mac N Cheese
- 16 ounces elbow macaroni
- 1/3 cup flour
- 5 tbsp butter
- 3 cups shredded cheese
- 2 cups milk
Place the macaroni in the instant pot and cover with water. Close and seal pressure valve and pressure cook on high for 5 minutes. Release pressure manually.
Drain pasta and set aside.
In a cast iron skillet over medium heat, melt the butter and whisk in the flour.
Once the flow and butter make a roux, Stein in the milk slowly to thicken the
mixture. Lowe the heat and add 2 cups of cheese.
Fold in the pasta and once coated, spread over the skillet.
Top with the remaining cheese and place under a high broiler until cheese
starts to brown.