Instant Pot Penne A La Vodka is an easy, delicious, and hearty meal that can be made in minutes! This dish is perfect for a busy weeknight or entertaining guests. It can be served as a main course or side dish.
What is Penne Pasta?
Penne pasta is a type of Italian pasta that is shaped like a quill or a feather. It is traditionally made from durum wheat semolina flour, but it can also be made from other types of flour, such as rice flour or buckwheat flour. Penne pasta can be either smooth or ridged.
Ingredients Needed for Penne Pasta
- Mild Italian sausage
- Minced garlic
- Crushed red pepper
- Crushed tomatoes
- Onion powder
- Chicken Broth
Make sure you check out the recipe card for a complete list of ingredients to make this Penne A La Vodka.
Success Tips for Making Penne Pasta in the Instant Pot
- One important tip for making this dish is to make sure the sausage is cooked before adding the pasta. This will ensure that the pasta is properly cooked and prevents it from becoming overcooked or mushy.
- Another tip is to use good-quality vodka. This will help to add flavor to the dish without making it too alcoholic.
- If you want a creamier sauce, you can add some heavy cream or half and half to the dish after it has been cooked.
- If you find that the sauce is too thick, you can add more chicken broth until it reaches the desired consistency.
How to Store Instant Pot Penne
Leftover pasta can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
Reheat leftovers in a pot on the stove over medium heat or in the microwave.
This dish can also be frozen for up to 2 months. Thaw frozen leftovers in the refrigerator overnight before reheating.
How long does it take to make penne a la vodka in the Instant Pot?
It takes about 15 minutes to cook penne a la vodka in the Instant Pot.
Can I make this recipe ahead of time?
Yes, you can make Instant Pot Penne A La Vodka ahead of time. Just cook the pasta according to the recipe instructions, then store it in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days.
Is this recipe gluten-free?
Yes, this recipe is gluten-free. Just be sure to use gluten-free penne noodles.
What can I serve with Instant Pot Penne A La Vodka?
This dish goes great with a side of garlic bread or a simple salad.
More Instant Pot Recipes:
- Try this Instant Pot Cheeseburger Soup
- This Instant Pot Cheeseburger Macaroni Recipe is so good!
- Instant Pot Chili Recipe is always a hit!
This dish is a great example of how the Instant Pot can make cooking easier and faster. The pasta turns out perfectly al dente, and the sauce has just the right amount of creaminess without being too heavy. If you’re looking for an easy weeknight meal that will impress your guests, give this Instant Pot penne a la Vodka recipe a try.
Instant Pot Penne A La Vodka
- 5 links mild Italian sausage, casings removed
- 4 tbsp minced garlic
- 1/2 tsp crushed red pepper (optional)
- 1 28 oz can crushed tomatoes
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 cup vodka
- 1 box mini penne pasta
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp salt
Set instant pot to sauté and toss in the sausage.
Chop sausage into bite-size pieces while browning.
Once the sausage is browned, toss in the garlic and cook for 3 minutes.
Add the spices, tomatoes, broth, vodka, and pasta.
Close the lid and pressure valve and pressure cook on high for 5 minutes.
Manually release the pressure valve. Remove the lid and stir the heavy cream.
Allow to cool and enjoy!