Macaroni and cheese has always been a family favorite. Sure I remember opening that blue box with a packet of powder; but I’m not too keen about opening a box with ingredients I can’t pronounce. This recipe for macaroni and cheese is easy and all natural! There is simply nothing better than homemade mac ‘n cheese.
This recipe for macaroni and cheese is a particular favorite for the holidays…the kids expect it. I know your family will love it too.
Easy and All Natural Macaroni and Cheese
Easy and All Natural Macaroni and Cheese Recipe
- 16 oz package of pasta I use elbow but any past will work
- 2 Tablespoons Butter
- 1.5 Tablespoons Flour
- 2 Cup Milk
- 2 Cup Shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/2 Cup Shredded sharp cheddar cheese for the top or more if you like
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Boil and drain pasta - you want it al dente (still a little firm)
- In a medium sauce pan, melt the butter
- Once the butter is melted, whisk in the flour until well mixed (will be a paste like consistency)
- Cook for about a minute (whisking the entire time)
- Slowly pour in the milk; whisk until flour mixture is well incorporated into the milk
- Continue to stir until the mixture thickens (this takes a little while 5-10 min)
- Once thickened add the cheese and stir until melted
- Mix with your pasta
- Pour into a casserole dish
- Top with extra cheese
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 20-30 min or until bubbly
- Serve right from the oven and watch it disappear like magic!
Now if you’d prefer an all grain-free/gluten free macaroni and cheese, check out my recipe Grain Free Mac & Cheese with Bacon. And if that isn’t enough cheesy goodness, be sure to check out my Spaghetti Squash Au Gratin.
With the holiday season upon us, I hope this recipe helps. But it is too good to only eat on holidays. 😉