With the holidays quickly approaching, the famous cheese ball search has begun! This Pecan Crusted Cheese Ball recipe is made with cream cheese, cheddar cheese, pecans, and a mixture of other tasty ingredients. It’s perfect for the upcoming festivities.
Walking into a gathering and seeing a cheese ball sitting there gets many people excited. Knowing that cheese balls are the center of every good spread, you can’t go wrong making this recipe. Instead of the traditional boring cheese ball, this Pecan Crusted Cheese Ball is going to wow your guests.
What is a Cheese Ball?
For those of you that have never tried a cheese ball, you are missing out. A cheese ball is simply made with cheese and cream cheese. There are hundreds of recipes out there for cheese balls, but this recipe you’re about to discover is the best!
Ingredients for this Pecan Cheese Ball Recipe
What ingredients go into these Cheeseballs? Here is a quick breakdown of what will go into this recipe. All of these ingredients are delicious and will make a great appetizer for your crowd.
- Cream cheese – You will love the creamy taste of cream cheese in your cheese ball!
- Cheddar cheese, shredded – Another delicious ingredient to help bring this recipe to life.
- Lemon juice- Just a little bit of lemon juice goes a long way!
- Garlic powder – This is one of the spices that helps make the cheese ball edible.
- Onion powder – A pinch of garlic powder will bring this appetizer to life.
- Dash red pepper – Just a small dash will help bring a hint of spiciness and flavor to the appetizer.
- Finely chopped pecans, divided – The star of the show is definitely these pecans.
- Chili powder and Paprika – Last, but not least, you’ll need these two spices to help bring the recipe together!
If you are trying to throw a recipe together last minute, you’ll notice that this Pecan Crusted Cheese Ball is easy! If you like easy, then this recipe is for you.Jump to Recipe
What do you eat with a Cheese Ball?
This is an age old question, but one that makes perfect sense to ask about. What can you eat with a cheese ball? You can add crackers, pita triangles, vegetables, or anything else you’re craving!
How do you serve a cheese ball?
After you’ve made the cheese ball, you may be wondering how you serve it. Wrap the cheese ball in plastic wrap, store in the fridge for about an hour. When all of the guests arrive, you can take out the cheese ball. Leave it out on the table for about 20 minutes and it will become perfectly soft.
How long will a cheese ball last?
The great thing about a cheese ball is that it can last a long time. This Pecan Crusted Cheese Ball can last up to two weeks when stored properly in the fridge.
Pecan Crusted Cheese Ball Recipe
Do you plan on making a cheese ball this year? Don’t forget to have plenty of dipping items on hand for your cheese ball. Crackers, vegetables, or even pretzels will do!
More Holiday Recipes to Try
- The Most Delicious Vintage Cookie Recipes
- Breakfast Casserole with Bacon and Hash Browns
- Christmas Drinks for the Whole Family
- Yummy Soft Snickerdoodle Recipe
- Instant Pot Eggnog
Pecan Crusted Cheeseball
- 8 oz Cream Cheese At room temperature
- 2 cups Cheddar Cheese Shredded
- 1 tbsp Lemon Juice
- 1/4 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1/4 tsp Onion Powder
- Dash Red Pepper Flakes Optional
- 1/2 cup Finely Chopped Pecans Divided
- 1 tsp Chili Powder
- 1 tsp Paprika Try Smoked Paprika for a Richer Flavor
Gather all your ingredients.
Allow your cream cheese to soften at room temperature.
In a medium size bowl, mix together your cream cheese, cheddar cheese, lemon juice, garlic and onion powder, red pepper, chili powder, and paprika.
Add in 1/4 cup chopped pecans. Mix well.
On a flat surface, place a piece of saran wrap.
Take your cheese mixture and place it in the middle of the wrap.
Take the sides and bring together and twist the top two close and completely cover the cheese.
Roll into a ball and transfer to the refrigerator. Allow to sit for at least 30 minutes and cool.
Once your cheese ball has chilled, remove from the refrigerator.
Coat the cheese ball with your remaining pecans.
Served with a side of veggies, or crackers and allow your guests to dip into the cheese ball.