Christmas drinks for the whole family – recipes everyone will love. Everything from hot chocolates to mulled wines. There is something for everyone.
I love a warm mug of hot coffee, pretty much everyday of the year. But there are a few specialty Christmas drink recipes that I save just for the Christmas season. I hope you enjoy these festive drinks as much as we do!
I’ve organized these 30 Christmas drinks into chocolate recipes, fruit recipes, eggnog recipe, coffee recipes and adults only recipes. Enjoy!
Make sure to check out my other
Christmas Recipes & DIY Gift Ideas!
- Sugar Cookies in a Jar Recipe
- Rice Krispies Cookie Recipe
- Easy to Make Christmas Gifts
- Cheap and Easy Christmas Wreaths You Can Make
- Recipes for Leftover Christmas Ham
- How to Make Prime Rib in an Electric Roaster
Christmas Drinks – The Recipes
Hot Chocolate Christmas Drinks
Rich & Delicious Peppermint Hot Chocolate Recipe
- 4 cups Milk Try 1/2 milk & 1/2 heavy cream for a richer flavor.
- 10 oz Chocolate Chips I like semi-sweet but milk chocolate will work too.
- 1/2 – 1 tsp Peppermint Extract Start with 1/2 tsp and add more if needed to taste.
- Optional Toppings – Cane Cane, whipped Cream topped with crushed peppermint candies, sprinkles or mini white chocolate chips. Marshmallows are great too.
Heat milk (or milk and cream combo) on the stove top in a medium sauce pan.
Bring to a simmer, not a boil.
Stir often so the milk does not burn to the bottom of the pan.
Once the milk has come to a low simmer remove the pan from the heat and add in the chocolate chips.
Stir until all of the chocolate is melted and the drink is creamy.
Stir in 1/2 tsp of the peppermint extract.
Taste and only add more if you need to. Peppermint is a strong flavor.
Serve warm with whipped cream and a candy cane or other optional toppings.
- White Chocolate Peppermint Hot Chocolate
A different take on the Christmas hot chocolate recipe above. Garnish with candy canes – so cute!
- Creamy Mexican Hot Chocolate Recipe
Mexican hot chocolate is made with a pinch of cayenne pepper for some kick.
- Crock Pot Hot Chocolate
Perfect for a large crowd on Christmas morning.
- Snickerdoodle Hot Chocolate Copycat Recipe
So good you’ll think you got it from the Starbucks line!
- Peanut Butter Hot Chocolate
Like liquid candy…so good, try not to drink it all.
- Oreo Cookie Hot Chocolate
This is made with made with real dark chocolate, Oreo cookie crumbles and lots of whipping cream! Perfect for your cookie lovers.
- Salted Caramel Hot Chocolate
Another spot on copycat Starbucks drink!
Fruity Christmas Drinks
- Easy Christmas Punch Recipe
A delicious and festive punch for the whole family – ready in just minutes!
- Ponche Navideño (traditional Mexican Christmas Punch)
A warm, spiced punch made by simmering typical Mexican fruits with cane sugar and spices until the heavenly aroma permeates the entire house!
- Crock Pot Cranberry Apple Cider
A delicious cider made with apple, cranberry and orange juices! Stays warm for a whole party in the slow cooker.
- Crimson Christmas Punch
A cold sherbet based punch recipe.
Eggnog Christmas Drink Recipes
- Traditional Homemade Eggnog Recipe
You can taste the difference between home and store nogs!
- Gingerbread Eggnog Recipe
A fun and tasty twist on the classic recipe.
- Eggnog Coffee Punch
A sweet and creamy punch recipe for Christmas parties.
- Mama’s Hot Eggnog
A warm and creamy version of traditional eggnog.
Christmas Coffee Drinks
- Spiced Christmas Coffee Recipe
Grandma’s secret spices for the perfect mug of coffee on Christmas morning.
- Chestnut Praline Latte
A smooth and sweet coffee with a nutty flavor.
- Toasted White Chocolate Mocha
This espresso based drink is beautifully complemented by creamy, smooth white chocolate.
- Caramel Brûlée Crème
A strong coffee mixed and drizzled dreamy caramel sauce.
- Christmas Dirty Chai Coffee Recipe
A delight mix of ground chai spices and brewed coffee. One of my favorite coffee blends.
Adults Only Christmas Drink & Cocktail Recipes with Alcohol
Great for your holiday parties – Christmas cocktails!
- Hot Buttered Rum
A classic warm, sweet cocktail often served on Christmas night.
- DIY Kahlua Recipe
Make this easy homemade coffee liqueur is great for gifts too!
- Slow Cooker Mulled Wine Recipe
A delicious mix of red wine, maple syrup, oranges, brandy, cinnamon sticks, cloves, and star anise.
- Gingerbread Martini
A fantastic combination of Irish cream liqueur, vodka, coffee liqueur, Gingerbread Syrup and ice cream in a cocktail shaker.
- Eggnog Cocktail
This thick, rich and flavorful drink is made with eggs, sugar, milk, cream, rum, and a little nutmeg.
- Hot Toddy
Hot Toddy Recipe and Grandma’s secret home remedy for colds but a yummy warm drink to just enjoy.
- The Grinch Cocktail
An easy holiday cocktail with fruity flavors like melon, lemon-lime, and cherry. It is also bright green!
- Christmas Sangria
Sweet and festive, this white sangria recipe is full of Christmas cheer!
- Eggnog Martini
This martini recipe takes basic eggnog to the next level! Using vanilla vodka and amaretto for a rich, sweet, Christmas treat.
The best part of these Christmas drinks or any holiday drink, is sipping them with the people you love. So whatever recipe you decide to try this year I hope you’re surrounded with family and friends to share it with you this holiday season.
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!