Slow Cooker Apple Cake is the perfect dessert! This easy recipe is made with apples, cinnamon, sugar, and a few other simple ingredients. Just mix everything together and let your slow cooker do the work! The apples make it super moist and the cinnamon gives it a warm flavor that is perfect for enjoying any time of the year.
What is apple cake?
Apple cake is a cake that is made with apples or apple pie filling. It can be made with any type of apple, but the most popular type to use is Granny Smith apples. Other types of apples that can be used include Honeycrisp, Golden Delicious, Jonathan Apples, and Braeburn.
- Yellow Cake Mix – For this recipe, you will need one box of yellow cake mix.
- Cinnamon – To make this apple cake extra delicious, cinnamon is going to be an important part of the recipe.
- Nutmeg – Another spice you’ll need for this Slow Cooker Apple Cake is nutmeg!
- Melted butter – You’ll need melted butter to complete this recipe.
- Apple pie filling – The final ingredient you’ll need for this recipe is apple pie filling. You can use any type of apple pie filling you can find.
- Chopped pecans – While this is optional, the cake tastes delicious with it.
How to Make Slow Cooker Apple Cake
- In large mixing bowl, combine cake mix, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Add melted butter and mix well.
- Set aside.
- Grease a 6-quart slow cooker with nonstick cooking spray. Spread both cans of apple pie filling into the bottom of the slow cooker. Sprinkle crumbled cake mix on top.
- Top with pecans.
- Place a layer of napkins or paper towels over the top of the cake mixture (this prevents the cake from getting soggy as condensation drips down from the lid). Place lid on the slow cooker.
- Cook on high for 3 hours.
- Serve warm with vanilla ice cream.
Variation Options for Slow Cooker Apple Cake
There are so many ways you can change up this recipe to make it your own! Here are a few ideas:
- Add a layer of caramel sauce in between the cake mix and the apple pie filling.
- Use a box of spice cake mix instead of yellow cake mix.
- Add a layer of whipped cream on top.
- Try using a different type of pie filling, like cherry or blueberry.
The options are endless! Get creative and make this cake your own. It’s easy to make and so full of flavor.
How to Store Slow Cooker Apple Cake
This cake can be stored in the fridge for up to 5 days. Be sure to store it in an airtight container so it doesn’t dry out.
You can also freeze this cake for up to 3 months. Wrap it tightly in plastic wrap and then place it in a freezer safe bag. When you’re ready to eat it, thaw it overnight in the fridge and then reheat it in the microwave for a few seconds.
Whether you’re looking for an easy dessert to make for a gathering or you just want a delicious cake to enjoy, this Slow Cooker Apple Cake is perfect! It’s sure to become a new family favorite.
More Apple Recipes:
Slow Cooker Apple Cake
- 1 box 15.25oz, yellow cake mix
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp Nutmeg
- 1/2 cup Butter
- 2 cans 20 oz Apple Pie Filling
- 1/3 cup Chopped Pecans
In large mixing bowl, combine cake mix, cinnamon, and nutmeg.
Add melted butter and mix well.
Grease a 6-quart slow cooker with nonstick cooking spray.
Spread both cans of apple pie filling into the bottom of the slow cooker.
Sprinkle crumbled cake mix on top.
Top with pecans
Place a layer of napkins or paper towels over the top of cake mixture
This prevents the cake from getting soggy as condensation drips down from the lid.
Place lid on slow cooker.
Cook on high for 3 hours.
Serve warm with vanilla ice cream.