Egg bites are a great way to start the day and get your daily dose of protein. They’re also easy to prepare in advance, so you can eat them on the go or heat them up for breakfast at home. My family loves Egg Bites because they are so easy to make, and we can at least get one healthy meal in before we start our day!
What is an Egg Bite?
Egg Bites are a type of food that is made by combining eggs and other ingredients and then cooking them in a mold. They can be made with many different ingredients, but they all have one thing in common: they’re all bite-sized! There are many reasons why someone might want to make Egg Bites, but mostly they make a super yummy savory treat!
Ingredients in Air Fryer Egg Bites
- Eggs – This is the main ingredient in Egg Bites, so make sure to use good quality eggs. If you’re using large eggs, you’ll need two for each Bite.
- Cheddar cheese – This adds a nice sharp flavor to the Bites. You could also use another type of cheese, such as mozzarella or Swiss.
- Salt and pepper – To taste
- Bacon – This is optional, but it gives the Bites a nice smoky flavor.
You’ll also need parsley, paprika, garlic powder, and dried minced onions!
How to Make Air Fryer Egg Bites
- Preheat your air fryer at 340° for five minutes.
- Add all of your ingredients to a large bowl.
- Whisk together.
- Add your silicone cupcake liners to your instant pot. Add as many as you can to fill your basket, but not overcrowd. Spray Your cupcake liner with cooking spray lightly.
- Pour your egg mixture to the silicone liner 3/4 of the way.
- Cook with your air fryer at 340°F for 8 minutes.
- Remove and enjoy while warm.
Storage Options for Egg Bites
Fridge – Egg Bites can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days.
Freezer – Egg Bites can also be frozen for up to 2 months. Make sure to wrap them tightly in plastic wrap or place them in a freezer-safe bag before freezing.
Reheating Egg Bites in the microwave – Egg Bites can be reheated in the microwave for 30-60 seconds.
How many Egg Bites can I make at once?
This recipe makes 12 Egg Bites. If you want to make more, simply double the recipe.
Do I have to use a silicone cupcake liner?
No, you don’t have to use a silicone cupcake liner, but it does help the Egg Bites hold their shape and prevents them from sticking to the air fryer basket.
Can I make Egg Bites without an air fryer?
Yes, you can! Just preheat your oven to 350°F and bake the Egg Bites for 10-12 minutes.
What are some other flavors of Egg Bites I could make?
There are so many possibilities when it comes to flavors of Egg Bites! Some other flavors you could try are:
-Sun-dried tomato and basil
-Spinach and feta
-Ham and Swiss
-Bacon and cheddar
-Sausage and peppers
The possibilities are endless! Just get creative and have fun with it.
I hope you enjoy these Egg Bites as much as my family does! If you make them, leave a comment below!
More Breakfast Options
- Breakfast Casserole with Bacon and Hash Browns
- Eggnog Pancakes Recipe
- French Toast Casserole
- Gluten Free Blueberry Breakfast Cake
- 6 medium or large eggs
- ¼ cup cheddar cheese shredded
- 3 slices pre-cooked bacon
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp parsley
- 1/8 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp minced onion
Preheat your air fryer at 340° for five minutes.
Add all of your ingredients to a large bowl.
Add your silicone cupcake liners to your instant pot. Add as many as you can to fill your basket, but not overcrowd.
Spray the cupcake liner lightly.
Pour your egg mixture into the silicone liner 3/4 of the way.
Cook with your air fryer at 340°F for 8 minutes.
Remove and enjoy while warm.