Making breakfast for your family can be a daunting task, especially during busy weeks. But what if you could make a delicious and nutritious breakfast in your crockpot? This Crock Pot Breakfast Casserole is perfect for those mornings when you need something quick and easy. It only takes a few minutes to throw together, and it cooks while you get ready for the day. Plus, it’s loaded with protein and fiber, so it will keep you fueled all morning long. Give this recipe a try today!
What is a breakfast casserole?
A breakfast casserole is typically a dish made with eggs, bread, and cheese. This Crock Pot Breakfast Casserole recipe also includes sausage, bell peppers, and onions for an extra boost of flavor and nutrition.
Crock Pot Breakfast Casserole Ingredients
- Bacon – You’ll need bacon for this recipe, it’ll make it delicious!
- Eggs – You’ll need eggs to make this breakfast casserole.
- Whole Milk – If you don’t want to use whole milk, you can opt to use whatever kind of milk you prefer.
- Hash browns – You can’t forget the hash browns because this helps to make the recipe hearty.
- Onion – A little flavor goes a long way with the onion in this breakfast casserole.
- Cheddar cheese – You gotta have cheese with this recipe!
Variations of Breakfast Casserole in the Crockpot
Now that you know the basics of a breakfast casserole, you can easily adapt this recipe to your liking.
- Add in some diced ham instead of bacon or sausage.
- Get creative with the cheese and use whatever variety you have on hand.
- Try adding in some chopped veggies like spinach, mushrooms, or peppers.
- Make it a southwestern breakfast casserole by adding in some diced green chilies, black beans, and corn.
The sky is the limit when it comes to making a delicious breakfast casserole. So, what are you waiting for? Give this recipe a try today!
How to Store Crock Pot Breakfast Casserole
This Crock Pot Breakfast Casserole can be stored in the fridge for up to four days. To reheat, simply microwave a portion for one to two minutes or until heated through. You can also freeze this casserole for up to three months. When you’re ready to eat, thaw overnight in the fridge and then reheat
FAQs for Crockpot Breakfast Casserole
How do I make this breakfast casserole ahead of time?
You can easily make this breakfast casserole the night before. Simply prepare the recipe as directed and then store it in the fridge overnight. In the morning, all you have to do is put it in the crockpot and cook it on low for 6-8 hours.
Can I freeze this breakfast casserole?
Yes, you can freeze this breakfast casserole. Simply prepare the recipe as directed and then place it in a freezer-safe container. When you’re ready to eat it, thaw it overnight in the fridge and then cook it in the crockpot on low for 6-8 hours.
This breakfast casserole is a great option for feeding a large crowd, and it can easily be adapted to include your family’s favorite ingredients. If you’re looking for an easy and tasty breakfast dish that will please a crowd, this Crock Pot Breakfast Casserole is the perfect recipe for you!
More Breakfast Options
- French Toast Casserole Recipe
- Sourdough Cinnamon Roll Recipe
- Gluten Free Blueberry Breakfast Cake
- Homemade Pancake Mix Recipe
- 1 12 oz package bacon
- Cooking spray
- 12 large eggs
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1/2 cup frozen hash browns
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cup shredded cheddar
- Freshly chopped chives, for garnish
- Salt & Pepper to taste
Cook bacon in skillet until crispy.
Drain on a paper towel-lined plate, then crumble.
Spray inside of slow cooker with cooking spray.
In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, and garlic.
In the slow cooker, layer half the hash browns, cooked bacon, onion, and cheese.
Repeat layers, then egg mixture over top.
Cover and cook on low until eggs are fluffy and set, about 5-6 hours.
Should be browed on the top when finished
Garnish with chives for serving