Slow Cooker Steak & Gravy is the perfect comfort food for a winter night. Tender steak and rich gravy are slow-cooked to perfection, making this dish irresistible. Serve over mashed potatoes or rice for a complete meal. This Slow Cooker Steak & Gravy is the perfect comfort food for any night of the week!
Why make steak and gravy in the slow cooker?
There are many reasons to make steak and gravy in the slow cooker. First, it’s a great way to cook the steak so that it is tender and juicy. Second, the slow cooker helps to infuse the steak with flavor as it cooks. Third, the gravy can be made in the slow cooker as well, so you don’t have to worry about making it separately.
Ingredients Needed for Crock Pot Steak and Gravy
- Top sirloin steak or London broil – This is one of the best parts of the slow cooker steak and gravy!
- Brown gravy mix – You can pick this brown gravy mix up at almost any store.
- Au Jus mix – You can find this near the gravy mixes.
All you need to add to this list is water!
How to Make Steak & Gravy in the Slow Cooker
- Place water, gravy mix, and Au Jus mix in the slow cooker and stir to combine (some lumps are okay).
- Cook 6-7 hrs on low, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from slow cooker and serve with mashed potatoes, rice, or pasta.
How many people does this Slow Cooker Steak & Gravy serve?
This recipe will serve 4-6 people! If you need to make more, you can just double the recipe.
Can I use a different type of steak for this recipe?
Any type of steak will work for this recipe. However, the cook time may need to be adjusted depending on the type of steak you use.
What can I do with the leftovers?
The leftovers can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days. Reheat in the microwave or on the stovetop before serving.
Can I make this recipe ahead of time?
Yes, you can make this recipe ahead of time. Simply prepare the steak and gravy as directed, then store in the fridge in an airtight container. When you’re ready to eat, simply reheat and serve!
Can I freeze this recipe?
Yes, you can freeze this recipe. Simply place the leftovers in a freezer-safe container and store for up to 3 months. When you’re ready to eat, simply th aw in the fridge overnight and reheat.
Tips and Tricks for the Perfect Steak & Gravy
- If you want your steak to be extra tender, you can opt to marinate it overnight before cooking. Simply place the steak in a resealable bag with your favorite steak seasoning and marinade, then store in the fridge overnight.
- If you want to add some extra flavor to your steak, you can try adding some onions, mushrooms, or peppers to the slow cooker.
- For a creamier gravy, you can opt to add some cream cheese or sour cream to the gravy mix.
- If you want a thicker gravy, you can try adding some flour or cornstarch to the gravy mix.
What Can I Serve with This Recipe?
- Air Fryer Brussels Sprouts
- Steak & Gravy in the Slow Cooker
- Cast Iron Skillet Bread
- Instant Pot Mac N Cheese
Slow Cooker Steak & Gravy is the perfect comfort food for any week night! This dish is easy to make and can be tailored to your liking. Be sure to follow the tips and tricks for the perfect steak and gravy, then sit back and enjoy a delicious meal!
Slow Cooker Steak and Gravy
- 2 to 3 lbs top sirloin steak or London broil
- 2 packets brown gravy mix
- 1 Au Jus mix
- 2 1/2 cups water
Place water, gravy mix, and Au Jus mix in slow cooker and stir to combine (some lumps are okay).
Add in steak
Cook 6-7 hrs on low, stirring occasionally.
Remove the food from the slow cooker and serve with potatoes, pasta, or rice.