Is there anything like biting into a fresh homemade dinner roll? I love them warm, soft and dripping in butter – they are truly decadent! But these homemade rolls are a lot easier to make than you might think! I have a homemade dinner roll recipe for you that you’ll want to make tonight! They are easy enough to a weeknight dinner but tasty enough to serve for holiday gatherings too. After you try a homemade dinner roll, you’ll never want a store-bought roll again! Besides, with GMO wheat invading our food, you’ll know that you’re choosing the best ingredients for your homemade rolls!
Homemade Dinner Roll Recipe
7 Ingredient Traditional Homemade Dinner Rolls
- 2 cups of all purpose flour + a little extra for kneading
- 1 envelope of rapid-rise yeast
- 2 tablespoons of sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1/2 cup of whole milk
- 1/4 cup of water
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees
- In a large bowl combine 3/4 cup of the all-purpose flour with yeast packet (undissolved), sugar and salt.
- On the stove top warm milk, water and butter to about 125 degrees - do not let it boil.
- Add your warmed liquid ingredients to the flour mixture and beat on medium speed for about 2 minutes.
- Add the remaining 1/4 cup of all-purpose flour and continue mixing for an additional 2 minutes on high.
- Continue mixing in flour for 2 minutes at high speed. Add in enough remaining flour to make soft dough.
- Lightly flour your counter tops for kneading.
- Knead the dough until the smooth and elastic (about 9 minutes).
- Cover your bowl and let the dough rest for about 10 minutes.
- Separate your dough into 12 equal-sized balls.
- Place into greased 8 inch cast iron skillet or round baking pan.
- Cover with light towel and place in a warm area to rise for 20 - 30 minutes.
- Bake at 375 for 20 - 25 minutes (If you want to switch things up, lightly dust your rolls with garlic salt and herbs before baking)
- Brush with melted butter and serve warm!