DIY Christmas ornaments are sort of a tradition around our house. I love to look back at the handmade ornaments kids have made over the years; they bring back such sweet memories.
Of course I’m a fan of all things handmade or homemade, especially at Christmastime. There is just something to be treasured about a DIY gift that was made just for you.
These DIY Christmas ornaments make fantastic DIY gifts for friends and family. Make sure to make a few handmade ornaments for your own tree too!
30 DIY Christmas Ornaments
With 30 different homemade ornaments, the hardest part will be choosing with ones to make!
Many of these DIY Christmas ornaments can be handmade by the kids so make sure to make time for some crafting this month. These are wonderful family time projects.
- These sweet whimsical ornaments remind me of a Fairy Tale – DIY Ornaments for Christmas Woodland Creatures
- Need a FAST DIY ornament for you tree or a gift? These 10 Minute Snow Globe Ornaments are perfect!
- I absolutely adore this simple Nativity Ornament made with wood, paint and cloth (you may already have all of the items needed!).
- If you sew, these cute, DIY Cone-Shaped Christmas Ornaments are easy to make and they come with a free sewing pattern.
- Are you looking for a super cute ornament that will make everyone smile? These Peanut Snowman Christmas Ornaments might just be the ones!
- Do you have a new baby in the house? This DIY Baby’s First Christmas Ornament is easy to make and so sweet.
- Nothing says Christmas like a Candy Cane Ornament. Try these simple beaded candy canes for a simple and fun craft.
- I loved Rudloph the Red Nosed Reindeer as a kid, so of course I adore this cute Burlap Reindeer Ornaments!
- Nothing says Christmas break at our house like Classic Scrabble & mugs of Chai Tea (try my DIY Chai Mix). This fantastic DIY Scrabble Ornament is a must for our tree.
- These homemade DIY ornaments not only look great, they smell great too – Cinnamon Christmas Trees.
- If you or someone you love is a canner then you have to try making these Mason Jar Lid Christmas Wreaths.
- I adore these easy to make DIY ornaments made from rolled scrapbook paper – Rolled Christmas Tree.
- My grandmother always had a bowl of hazelnuts on the table at Christmas time. Now I can turn them into a sweet Mini Hazelnut Wreath for the tree.
- These super cute Christmas Tree Ornaments are another adorable ornament that are perfect for those that love to sew!
- Do you love wooden ornaments? These DIY Wooden Christmas Ornaments are beautiful!
- Would the unicorn lover in your life enjoy having this felt unicorn Christmas ornament on the tree?
- Buttons are the cutest and oh so handy! These Button Christmas Tree ornaments are the cutest way to re-purpose!
- Have your child write out their Christmas list for these adorable Christmas List Ornaments. I love the idea of showing off their Christmas wishes and keeping them forever.
- I’m always a fan of doing handprint crafts with your kids. Not only do you get a cute craft out of it, but it’s a fun way to journal the changes in your child from year to year. This Easy Santa Handprint Ornament is such a cute craft too!
- I love getting photo Christmas cards in the mail and I always feel bad about tossing them out. These Ornament Photo Christmas cards are a great way to re-purpose them.
- Looking for a project that will use up all of those old beads that you have in your craft supplies? Make these easy candy cane beaded ornaments.
- We all love a good re-purposing craft. These wine cork snowman ornaments are an adorable way to use up those wine corks you have stashed away.
- This craft does double duty! This cinnamon stick Christmas Tree ornament craft is not only adorable, but it makes your tree smell great too!
- Another fun wood craft ornament is this Wood Slice Snowman Ornament. So so cute and fun to make!
- If you really like the smell of cinnamon, here is another fun ornament craft for you! Cinnamon stick ribbon trees are going to look great on your tree!
- I mean, Santa has to love S’mores too, right? This Santa S’mores ornament is adorable!
- You can’t leave Rudolph out! This cute Rudolph ornament will be fun to make and adorable on the tree.
- These 3D Christmas Card Ornaments is yet another great way to repurpose all of those holiday cards that you get in the mail.
- If you are looking for an easy ornament craft, try this Easy Snowflake Ornament Craft!
- You can make some really great crafts out of tealight candles! Like this DIY Rudolph Tealight Ornament. It is seriously adorable.
I hope these fun and simple DIY Ornaments help you make some decorations, gifts and memories this Christmas.