Today I bring you a recipe for Pumpkin Ale Bread with Hatch Green Chiles. This delicious bread tastes like fall to me.
Pumpkin and autumn just go together, right? From pumpkin spice creamer to pumpkin pie. This pumpkin ale bread with hatch green chilies has a bit of sweet and savory and I could eat an entire loaf by myself!
Pumpkin Ale Bread Recipe
I love this homemade bread as a side to a hearty stew or chili in place of a cornbread. But it is great just toasted for breakfast too.
Great recipes to serve with pumpkin ale bread:
What is pumpkin ale?
Pumpkin ale is a beer that is produced using pumpkin flesh. It is a seasonal beer most available during the fall or autumn time.
What are Hatch Green Chiles?
Hatch chile is a specific chile variety that is grown in the Hatch Valley, New Mexico. They are only harvested in August and September. You can buy them fresh in the fall but they are also available canned in most grocery stores.
You can use Anaheim peppers or even the more generic green chilies if you cannot find the Hatch Green Chiles.
Recipe for Pumpkin Ale Bread with Hatch Green Chiles
There is a printable recipe at the bottom of this post.
- 3 ½ cup flour
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp ground ginger
- ¼ tsp ground cloves
- ½ tsp kosher salt
- ¾ cup pure pumpkin puree
- ½ cup Chopped hatch green chiles
- 1 ½ cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 (12oz) bottle of pumpkin ale
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and spray a loaf pan with pam baking spray (or the like)
- Using a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, cinnamon,
ginger, cloves and salt
- Using another large bowl, beat the pumpkin puree, pumpkin ale and
brown sugar until combined
- Gradually whisk in the dry ingredients
- Fold in the hatch green chiles, and 1 C of the cheddar cheese
- Scoop the batter into the loaf pan
- Sprinkle the remaining ½ C of cheese on top
- Bake in the oven for 45-50 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean
- Allow to cool before enjoying!
I hope you enjoy the pumpkin ale bread with Hatch Green Chiles as much as we have. Serve it warm with a big pat of butter for an extra special treat!
More Bread Recipes You’ll Love
- Cast Iron Gingerbread Recipe
- Rustic No Yeast Bread Recipe
- Pina Colada Monkey Bread Recipe
- Old Fashioned English Muffin Recipe
- Gluten-Free Almond Poppy seed Bread
- Homemade Flour Tortillas
Pumpkin Ale Bread with Hatch Green Chiles
- 3 1/2 cups Flour
- 1 tbsp Baking Powder
- 1/4 cup Brown Sugar
- 1/2 tsp Cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp Ground Ginger
- 1/4 tsp Ground Cloves
- 1/2 tsp Kosher Salt
- 3/4 cup Pure Pumpkin Puree
- 1/2 cup Hatch Green Chiles Chopped
- 1 1/2 cup Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- 1 bottle Pumpkin Ale 12 oz
Using a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, cinnamon, ginger, cloves and salt
Using another large bowl, beat the pumpkin puree, pumpkin ale and brown sugar until combined
Gradually whisk in the dry ingredients
Fold in the hatch green chile, and 1 C of the cheddar cheese
Scoop the batter into the loaf pan
Sprinkle the remaining ½ C of cheese on top
Bake in the oven for 45-50 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean
Allow to cool before enjoying!