What to stock up on in February. A February stockpiling shop is easy when you have this list of everything that is on sale in the month of February.
From fresh produce to seasonal items, there is so much to buy at a discount this month! I keep a list of the best sales for every month of the year, so you don’t have to. You can save on your grocery bill, clothing and more. I want to help you and your family save money when shopping.
I’ve sectioned out the different type of stock up in February sale items so you can go through and easily see what you and your house needs (remember we want to stick to a budget here!).
Be sure to check out all my tips for stockpiling at the bottom of this post.
What to Buy Each Month
February – you’re here!
What to Stock Up on in February
So whether you’re pumping up your pantry items, prepping or just want a few just-in-case items; shop the February sales for the best deals and huge savings.
Holiday & Seasonal Deals
Tax Software for 40% off or more!
Now is the best time to buy the software to prepare your own taxes. You can expect the cost of the software to increase as we get closer to April 15th. Even if you’re not ready to do your taxes, February is the best month to buy the software.
- TurboTax Home & Business Desktop 2020 Tax Software
At the time of posting this software is 35% off
- H&R Block Tax Software Deluxe + State 2020
Currently 27% off the retail price.
Valentine’s Day Clearance Items
Valentines Day – The best Valentines Day deals will be AFTER the big day. You can find stock up in February deals:
- Red and Pink Candy
- Valentines Themed Décor
- Pink and Red Candles
Remember that red candies from Valentines Day can be bought and stored for Christmas gifts! Any of the clearance treats, if the date works, can be stored and used as gifts, party favors, baking, etc. Just don’t open them until you’re ready to use the whole package.
Jewelry will also be at premium sale prices after Valentines Day!
February Food Holidays
Did you know that these “food holidays” are celebrated for the entire month of February? Lots of sales will be created around these unique February holidays.
- Canned Food Month
- National Chocolate Lovers Month
- National Cherry Month
- National Grapefruit Month
- National Hot Breakfast Month
- National Potato Lovers Month
- National Snack Food Month
February – Chinese New Year
The Chinese New Year is in February so many of the food items you’ll find in your Asian Food Section will be on sale all month.
- Soy Sauce
- Teriyaki Sauce
- Stir Fry Vegetables
- Water Chestnuts
- Asian Seasonings
Stock Up In February – Snack Foods
Right before the Super Bowl snack foods will be at some of the lowest deals of the year. This is a great time to stock up on your favorite snacks for a fraction of their normal cost.
- Chex Mix
- Chicken wings ( check both fresh and frozen for the best deals )
- Hot Dogs
February is National Canned Food Month
Did you know that February is National Canned Food Month? Now I want you to learn to can your own foods but I would still recommend stocking up in February on canned goods.
Having canned foods (non perishable) is also a great way to prepare for emergencies or disasters.
Many cans of food will be less than $1 each. This is a great time to stock up on:
- Canned Vegetables
- Canned Fruits
- Canned Beans (including refried beans)
- Pie Filling
- Canned Pumpkin
Make sure to store your canned foods in a cool, dry, place to ensure they last longer.
February is National Hot Breakfast Month
Stock up in February on hot breakfast food items. Yes, February is also National Hot Breakfast Month so lots of great items will be on sale.
- Cream of Wheat
- Malt O Meal
- Frozen Waffles
- Pancake Mixes
- Biscuit Mixes and pre-made canned biscuits
- Bacon and Sausage
Seasonal Produce to Stock Up on In February
Stock in February on Seasonal Produce. Be sure to check both fresh and frozen options!
- Avocado ( see: How to Preserve Avocados )
- Brussels Sprouts
- Carrots ( see: How to Preserve Carrots )
- Celery ( see: How to Make & Use Celery Powder )
- Collard Greens
- Potatoes – but make sure to start growing your own potatoes too!
- Strawberries ( see: Best Strawberry Recipes )
Seasonal produce is a great thing to stock up on in February but I really encourage you to start gardening, if you haven’t already! Check out my article on having an Amazing Backyard Garden!
Stock Up in February – Clothing & Personal Items
Winter clearance deals will be in full swing in Februrary!
Winter clothing will be on sale during February. Stores like Walmart, Target, Old Navy and more will be putting winter clothes on sale to get ready for spring and summer clothing and warmer weather.
- Sweatshirts and Sweaters
- Jackets and Coats
- Mittens and gloves
- Winter Boots
- Perfume and Perfume Sets (especially after Valentines Day!)
Winter Themed Products on Sale in February
- Winter scents in candles like pine will be on sale!
- Also look for winter scents in lotions.
Super Bowl and President’s Day Sales
There are great deals to be found during President’s Days Sales on larger home items.
- TVs (especially right before the Super Bowl!)
- Mattresses and bedding
- Small Kitchen Appliances
Tips for Stocking Up in February
- Inventory your cupboards, refrigerator / freezer, pantry, bathroom closets, gift closet, etc. Take note of what you really need to stock up on this month.
- Make space for your new items!
- Only buy what you and your family use. This is not the time to buy a dozen items you’ve never tried and waste your money!
- Make a list of what you see is needed and compare that to the stock up in February sales. Only shop from your list!
- If you are buying items that expire make sure you have enough time to use them! Always put older items at the front of your pantry or cupboards and freezer (to avoid the dreaded freezer burn) so those get used first.
- On non-food items, try to buy things that have more than one purpose or will go further than one use.
- Be prepared to shop multiple stores for the best deals.
- Invest in a Food Saver . This will help section foods and other items out, water proof items and keep food longer in the freezer. Great for big bulk purchases!
- Make a budget and stick to it without exceptions. Don’t hurt your finances to buy sale items!
- Check your coupons, if you use them. Also compare each store’s sales and see if you can get them to price-match the items you want; this will cut down on the running from store to store.
More Money Saving and Stockpile Articles
- How to Build a Stockpile for $10 a Week
- How to Stock Your Home Pharmacy
- The Best Things to Buy at a Thrift Store
- What Does Frugal Living Mean?
- What to Buy at the Dollar Store & What to Skip
- Creating a Family Budget
- How to Save on Your Heating Bill
- How to Freeze Milk For Later Use
- Non-Food Items to Stockpile
Stocking Up in February
Whatever you decide to stock up on in February stick to your budget and use the above tips for the best month of savings! Shop responsibly my friends.