Stock up in February for savings! Stocking up in February can save you money now and in the future. I keep a list of the best sales for each month and today I’m sharing the February deals that you want to stock up on now! I’ve sectioned out the different type of stock up in February sale items so you can go through and easily see what you and your house needs (remember we want to stick to a budget here!).
So whether you’re pumping up your pantry items, prepping or just want a few just-in-case items; shop the February sales for the best deals and huge savings. Be sure to check out my lists for November, December and January too; keep them on your bookmarks for later!
Stock Up In February
Holiday & Seasonal Deals for February
Tax Software for 40% off or more!
Valentines Day – The best Valentines Day deals will be AFTER the big day. You can find stock up in February deals:
- Red and Pink Candy
- Valentines Themed Decor
Remember that red candies from Valentines Day can be bought and stored for Christmas gifts! Any of the clearance treats, if the date works, can be stored and used as gifts, party favors, baking, etc.
Jewelry will also be at premium sale prices after Valentines Day!
President’s Day – There are great deals to be found during President’s Days Sales:
- Mattresses and bedding
- TVs (especially right before the Super Bowl!)
- Small Kitchen Appliances
Chinese New Year – The Chinese New Year is February 5th in 2019 so many of the food items in your Asian Food Aisle will be on sale:
- Soy Sauce
- Teriyaki Sauce
- Stir Fry Vegetables
- Water Chestnuts
- Asian Seasonings
Stock Up In February – Snack Foods
Right before the Super Bowl snack foods will be at some of the lowest deals of the year.
- Chicken wings ( check both fresh and frozen for the best deals )
- Hot Dogs
February is National Canned Food Month
Did you know that February is National Canned Food Month? Now I want you to learn to can your own foods but I would still recommend stocking up in February on canned goods. This is a great time to stock up on:
- Canned Vegetables
- Canned Fruits
- Canned Beans
- Pie Filling
February is National Hot Breakfast Month
Stock up in February on hot breakfast food items. Yes, February is also National Hot Breakfast Month so lots of great items will be on sale.
- Cream of Wheat
- Malt O Meal
- Frozen Waffles
- Pancake Mixes
- Biscuit Mixes and pre-made canned biscuits
Seasonal Produce to Stock Up on In February
Stock in February on Seasonal Produce. Be sure to check both fresh and frozen options!
- Avocado ( see: How to Preserve Avocados )
- Brussels Sprouts
- Carrots ( see: How to Preserve Carrots )
- Celery ( see: How to Make & Use Celery Powder )
- Collard Greens
- Potatoes – but make sure to start growing your own potatoes too!
- Strawberries ( see: Best Strawberry Recipes )
Seasonal produce is a great thing to stock up on in February but I really encourage you to start gardening, if you haven’t already! Check out my article on Having an Amazing Backyard Garden!
Stock Up in February – Clothing & Personal Items
Winter clothing will be sale during February as the stores make room for warmer weather clothes.
- Mittens and gloves
- Winter Boots
- Perfume and Perfume Sets (especially after Valentines Day!)
Winter Themed Products on Sale in February
- Winter scents in candles like pine will be on sale!
- Also look for winter scents in lotions.
Tips for Stocking Up in February
- Inventory your cupboards, refrigerator / freezer, pantry, bathroom closets, gift closet, etc. Take note of what you really need to stock up on this month.
- Make space for your new items!
- Only buy what you and your family use. This is not the time to buy a dozen items you’ve never tried and waste your money!
- Make a list of what you see is needed and compare that to the stock up in February sales. Only shop from your list!
- If you are buying items that expire make sure you have enough time to use them! Always put older items at the front of your pantry or cupboards and freezer (to avoid the dreaded freezer burn) so those get used first.
- On non-food items, try to buy things that have more than one purpose or will go further than one use.
- Be prepared to shop multiple stores for the best deals.
- Invest in a Food Saver . This will help section foods and other items out, water proof items and keep food longer in the freezer. Great for big bulk purchases!
- Make a budget and stick to it without exceptions. Don’t hurt your finances to buy sale items!
- Check your coupons, if you use them. Also compare each store’s sales and see if you can get them to price-match the items you want; this will cut down on the running from store to store.
Whatever you decide to stock up on in February stick to your budget and use the above tips for the best month of savings! Shop responsibly my friends.